Utah County man accused of recording person in dressing room in University Place
A Utah man was arrested for voyeurism after an employee in the University Mall said he was recording people in dressing rooms at a clothing store.
Scott Andrew Halliday, 39, was taken into police custody after he was chased by mall security. He was arrested on suspicion of voyeurism for allegedly recording someone when they have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
An employee of the Cotton On store at University Place, a shopping mall in Orem, told police they saw Halliday inside one of the dressing room stalls putting his hand with a cell phone over the walls of the stall with the camera facing into the stall next to him, trying to record them.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, the employee yelled at Halliday who then fled the store and the shopping center. Mall security apprehended him and police were called.
Police stated that Halliday refused to speak with officers after he was informed of his Miranda rights.
Court documents didn’t reveal the sex of the person in the stall next to Halliday but said that person did not have knowledge of the events and did not give consent to be recorded.
Cotton On carries clothing for women, men and children.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)