Provo man taken into custody after answering door nude to trick-or-treaters
PROVO, Utah — Authorities took a registered sex offender into custody after a concerned parent reported a man answering the door naked for trick-or-treaters in Provo.
Steven Little, who’s on the sex offender registry, was taken into custody around 7 p.m. Saturday at 1144 East 460 South.
“It’s a traumatic event for children,” said Officer Austin Williams with the Provo Police Department.
A father called 911 after his four children witnessed the man answer the door fully naked not just once, but twice.
The second time, the family recorded it for police to see.
KSL-TV is not sharing the family’s identity out of respect for the young victims.
“At one point, he invited them inside to get the candy,” the father said. “I was really upset and angry, but decided to record him so police had proof to arrest him, to stop him from doing this to other children.”
Williams said Steven Little was arrested for lewd behavior involving children. It’s a misdemeanor charge that was enhanced by police to a felony, given the man’s criminal history.
Little was arrested in 2018 for exposing himself to children at the Provo Recreation Center.
He’s currently on probation and living in Provo.
Little’s brother told KSL-TV Sunday that Steven has a mental illness and is in counseling. He also said Steven is actively in contact with his probation officer.
Earlier in the day on Oct. 30, the brother said he went to visit Little at his home, adding that he checks in on him since his father died in January.
Little’s father lived with him, but since his passing, Little has been living alone.
“I don’t believe he has something mentally wrong with him,” said the child’s father.
Williams said in all his 14 years of serving the community, he hasn’t heard of something like this happening around Halloween.
“I am thinking at this point it is very likely he is going to be serving some substantial prison or jail time,” he said.
According to arresting documents, Little is being held at Utah County Jail.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)