Wrong-way driver arrested in Juab County
SCIPIO, Utah — Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol said a man was arrested in central Utah after he drove on the wrong side of Interstate 15 while intoxicated.
Authorities said dispatchers in Richfield received reports of the wrong-way driver traveling north in the southbound I-15 lanes early Friday morning.
Troopers said they located the suspect’s vehicle near milepost 194, and the man pulled over after troopers activated their emergency lights.
“The driver was found to be intoxicated and he was placed into custody without incident,” troopers said.
Dashcam video from a UHP patrol vehicle shows the driver passing the trooper, who turned around and initiated the traffic stop.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)