Victims identified in fatal crash on I-15
OREM, Utah — Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety have released the names of the woman and boy who were killed by a suspected drunk driver on Interstate 15 in Orem.
The victims were identified Monday as 43-year-old Season M. Dow of Tampa, Florida, and 16-year-old Tobias A. Dow of American Fork, Utah.
The crash happened near milepost 272 around 12:05 a.m Sunday.
DPS officials said a Toyota pickup was traveling southbound on I-15 when it drifted into the emergency lane and struck a Kia passenger car that was stopped there.
Season and Tobias Dow were in that vehicle.
Season, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was pronounced dead at the scene, while Tobias was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Unfortunately, he passed away at the hospital.
The driver of the pickup was not injured, but she was arrested for suspicion of DUI.
A GoFundMe* account has been set up for the family.
*KSL-TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Official: All those killed at Texas school were in 1 room (pageviews: 12737)
- Gunman kills 19 children, 2 adults in Texas school rampage (pageviews: 9551)
- Investigation underway after man found dead in Bear Lake (pageviews: 8941)
- West Jordan police searching for missing, endangered 13-year-old girl – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6504)
- Skydiver who crashed in South Jordan is in critical condition but making a slow recovery (pageviews: 6498)
- Shooting at a Texas elementary school leaves 14 students and a teacher dead, governor says (pageviews: 6050)