Driver uninjured after wheel comes off semi truck, strikes pickup truck on I-80
PARK CITY, Utah — A pickup truck driver is lucky to be alive after he was nearly struck by a wheel that came off a semi truck on Interstate 80.
The incident happened near mile marker 177.
Officials with the Park City Fire District said the semi truck, which was traveling westbound on I-80, lost a wheel. That wheel rolled into the eastbound lanes of traffic, hitting a pickup truck.
Luckily, the pickup truck driver ducked to the left and did not sustain any injuries.
“Another few inches would’ve been a different story,” read a Facebook post from PCFD.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)