Park City Mountain Resort celebrates opening day
PARK CITY, Utah — Park City Mountain Resort officially opened for the 2021-2022 season on Sunday.
Hundreds of skiers and snowboarders made a special effort to be among the first on the mountain.
“I always come on the first day. I’m pretty stoked about it,” said skier Dijon Alston.
The wait is over! Park City is officially open for the 2021-22 season! We are excited to welcome you back to the mountain for another winter at our favorite place!
— Park City (@PCski) November 28, 2021
The season got off to a bit of a slow start, with just enough snow at the top to make a clean run, and more to be desired toward the bottom of the hill, where there are large patches of dirt.
“Early season skiing is a little bit about Mother Nature and a lot a bit about snow making,” said Jessica Miller, senior manager of communication for Park City Mountain Resort.
Skiers and snowboarders said they experienced strict social distancing and masking rules in 2020, and though they’re cautious this year, they’re excited to connect with people on the lifts again.
“There is a different feeling, I think. I think people are just excited to get out and be outside, without their masks on, and enjoying the weather,” said skier John Caley.
Resort officials said it can open the remaining 300 runs with the help of a few good powder days.
Park City Mountain Resort will be open from now through mid-April.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)