Park City Mountain Resort celebrates opening day
PARK CITY, Utah — Park City Mountain Resort officially opened for the 2021-2022 season on Sunday.
Hundreds of skiers and snowboarders made a special effort to be among the first on the mountain.
“I always come on the first day. I’m pretty stoked about it,” said skier Dijon Alston.
The wait is over! Park City is officially open for the 2021-22 season! We are excited to welcome you back to the mountain for another winter at our favorite place!
— Park City (@PCski) November 28, 2021
The season got off to a bit of a slow start, with just enough snow at the top to make a clean run, and more to be desired toward the bottom of the hill, where there are large patches of dirt.
“Early season skiing is a little bit about Mother Nature and a lot a bit about snow making,” said Jessica Miller, senior manager of communication for Park City Mountain Resort.
Skiers and snowboarders said they experienced strict social distancing and masking rules in 2020, and though they’re cautious this year, they’re excited to connect with people on the lifts again.
“There is a different feeling, I think. I think people are just excited to get out and be outside, without their masks on, and enjoying the weather,” said skier John Caley.
Resort officials said it can open the remaining 300 runs with the help of a few good powder days.
Park City Mountain Resort will be open from now through mid-April.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)