One killed in Summit County crash that led to large drug bust
PARK CITY, Utah — One man who was struck by a vehicle in a multi-car crash has died from injuries, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Authorities said the crash also led to a large drug bust.
Emergency crews responded to the crash at the intersection of state Route 224 and Ute Blvd. Sunday morning. Troopers said a black BMW was traveling northbound when it struck a Honda Crosstour, and they are investigating if the BMW ran a red light at the intersection.
The BMW then traveled along the raised divider and struck a man who was panhandling, according to state troopers, before hitting a white Hyundai Tuscon that was traveling southbound.
The man was critically injured and was taken to an area hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
Troopers said the driver of the Hyundai fled the scene, and they located a “large amount of raw marijuana” in the vehicle.
The State Bureau of Investigation assisted in the investigation, and authorities said 208 lbs. of marijuana was seized.
“After further investigation and coordination the driver of the Hyundai was arrested and booked into the Summit County Jail for the drug charges,” troopers said.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing. Authorities did not release the identity of the man who was killed in the crash.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)