Salt Lake police investigating voyeurism case involving a child
SALT LAKE CITY — Detectives with the Salt Lake City Police Department are asking for the public’s help in identifying a person of interest who they say is wanted for questioning in a child voyeurism case.
The investigation began around 10 p.m. Sunday in the area of 700 North and 900 West. Police said patrol officers were called out to the area after receiving reports of a suspicious circumstance involving a gun.
“Officers responded and determined there was no gun crime. However, officers learned through their investigation, an unknown male was seen looking through the window of an apartment while a child was undressing,” read a press release Tuesday afternoon from SLCPD.
Police said the man ran from the scene after he was confronted by someone in the community.
The suspect, pictured below, is described as a man in his early 20s, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall and about 130 pounds.
Anyone with information about the incident has been asked to call SLCPD at 801-799-3000 and reference case 21-232845.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)