I-15 reopened in Lehi after light pole repairs finished.
SALT LAKE CITY — All lanes of I-15 through Lehi reopened this evening following a day of emergency repairs to work on light poles.
Crews started to reopen the lanes around 5:00 pm Monday but the Department of Transportation cautioned there were still long delays as the traffic spigot reopened.
Update: NB I-15 is now open at exit 282, 2100 North in Lehi. SB I-15 remains closed at exit 284 to SR-92. Major delays remain for both NB and SB I-15.
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) December 28, 2021
The work lasted just about all day Monday.
According to UDOT, a light pole fell down on the freeway near Triumph Blvd. Sunday night.
“Our crews immediately inspected similar light poles in the area and identified four poles with stress fractures. Those poles will be removed during the closure,” UDOT said.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)