One killed, two in custody in Ogden fatal crash
OGDEN, Utah— One person was killed and two are in custody after a car accident on 200 West, 21st St. in the early morning hours on Tuesday.
Police said the car was traveling westbound on 21st St. when it went off the road, crashing through a chain link fence and into a cement barrier coming to a stop on Walmart property.
The two people in the driver and passenger seat were taken into custody by police while the rear passenger was found deceased on scene.
According to a release from police, the Weber Metro Traffic Investigation Team investigated the crash. The driver was identified as Ulises Chavez, 25, and was arrested on suspicion of DUI, automobile homicide, ignition interlock device, alcohol by a restricted driver, as well as “multiple outstanding warrants,” the release states.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)