Armed robbery suspect arrested by SLC police
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say a 38-year-old man has been arrested after he allegedly robbed a man at gunpoint early Wednesday morning.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said they responded to the area of 200 East and 100 South before 3 a.m. after the victim reported a man, who was later identified as Cody Sweeney, pulled out a gun and took his property.
Officers said the victim told them Sweeney became upset after a conversation and hit him in the head with the gun.
Police said the victim’s injuries were not severe and he declined medical assistance.
Investigators later located Sweeney and said he was arrested after he fought with a police supervisor.
No injuries were reported after the altercation, and police said they located a gun and the victim’s property.
Sweeney was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on multiple charges, including aggravated robbery, possession of a firearm by a restricted person, possession of another’s identifying documents and interference with arresting officer.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)