Fire near pizza oven damages restaurant in Sunset
SUNSET, Utah — Ally’s Pizza in Sunset was damaged Saturday afternoon after a fire broke out near the oven.
The incident happened at 258 West 1800 North around 1:15 p.m.
When crews arrived on scene, they could see smoke and flames coming from a ventilation unit on the roof, according to a Facebook post from the North Davis Fire District.
“A pizza oven within the building was found to be on and extremely hot, which caused materials on top of the oven to ignite, resulting in a small fire that was nearly out on arrival,” read the post.
A water can was then used to cool the material and surrounding areas, according to fire officials.
Fortunately, the flames were put out quickly and the fire did not appear to spread beyond the initial ignition source.
An estimate of damages was not immediately available Saturday.
Several agencies responded to the scene, including the Clinton City Fire Department, Hill AFB Fire & Emergency Services, Roy City Fire & Rescue, Layton City Fire, Sunset Police Department, Clinton Police Department, and Davis County Sheriff’s Office.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)