Man dead after train vs. car crash near Utah-Wyoming border
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — Officials with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said a man was killed in a crash involving a Union Pacific train over the weekend.
Authorities said the crash happened about 1 mile west of the Utah-Wyoming border, near milepost 196 on Interstate 80.
Crews reported an eastbound freight train struck a vehicle that was occupied by a single person around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
The victim was identified as a 47-year-old male from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and investigators said alcohol is suspected as a factor in the crash.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 23816)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 18797)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6273)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3369)
- 4 charged in Texas semi-truck smuggling operation that left 53 migrants dead (pageviews: 3159)
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison (pageviews: 3152)