After a typical traffic stop, police find severed finger in man’s wallet
OREM, Utah— What started as a routine traffic stop by Orem police, ended with finding a severed finger.
Orem police pulled over a driver for a headlight being out near 300 South 1200 West in Orem. The man provided identification and when police processed his information, found he had several active warrants.
The man was identified as Victor Chavez-Zuniga. Chavez-Zuniga was taken into custody and officers performed a systematic search of Victor’s person and found a wallet that he said was his. In the wallet police found a severed finger wrapped in a cloth. The finger appeared to be decaying and had a foul smell.
Chavez-Zuniga was taken to the Orem Police Department where he was held until he was transferred to the Utah County Jail where he was booked on his warrants and an additional charge.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)