Two men awarded the Medal of Bravery after intervening an aggravated rape and kidnapping
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — Two men intervened in an attempted aggravated rape and kidnapping last spring in 2021. James and Daniel Christensen were awarded the Medal of Bravery last night by South Salt Lake Police.
When the two men encountered a frightening scene, they jumped into action.
Daniel interrupted a violent felony; aggravated rape and aggravated kidnapping. He intervened and provided support for the victim while James disregarded his own safety and chased the suspect away from the victim.
James was able to provide police with details of the suspect which resulted in apprehension. Thanks to them and their quick actions police were able to take the suspect into custody.
“The chief said it was the first time he has seen civilians being awarded this,” Daniel said. “You know when you see something like that happen… you just can’t sit there and not do anything.”The accused teen they helped catch is now being tried as an adult for his alleged crimes.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)