Man in critical condition after auto-pedestrian crash in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A man is in critical condition after he was struck by a car in West Valley City.
The incident happened near 1600 West and 3500 South around 8:20 p.m. Friday.
Lt. Robert Brinton with the West Valley City Police Department said the car was traveling westbound on 3500 South while the man was trying to cross the road from south to north, not in a crosswalk.
After the collision, the man was transported to the hospital with a broken leg.
Brinton said when the man arrived at the hospital, he was found to have head trauma and brain bleeding.
His condition was downgraded and he is now in critical condition.
The driver of the vehicle was not cited, according to Brinton, adding that there were no impairments or distractions.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)