Multiple COVID-19 testing sites closing as state prepares for ‘long term, sustainable’ response
SALT LAKE CITY—The Utah Department of Health announced multiple COVID-19 testing sites would be closing as steps are taken to transition to a more long-term response to the pandemic.
The following testing locations will be closing:
- University of Utah – tailgate lot (final day for testing is February 18)
- Utah Valley University – (final day for testing is February 18)
- West Valley – Maverik Center (final day for testing is February 18)
- Hyrum – Hyrum Senior Center (final day for testing is February 18)
- Provo – BYU football stadium (final day for testing is February 20)
- Bluffdale – Bluffdale City Park (closed, final day for testing was February 15)
- Layton – Ellison Park (closed, final day for testing was February 14)
According to a release from the Utah Department of Health, “These closures are the first of several that will occur over the next six weeks as the UDOH transitions COVID-19 testing away from mass community sites to a model where most testing is conducted by health care providers, private testing providers, or home testing.”
“We’ve closely monitored testing demand throughout the pandemic, and especially over the past several weeks. Many locations that used to test thousands of people a day are now testing fewer than 100,” said Nate Checketts, executive director of the Utah Department of Health. “We have worked to ensure other testing options are available in the vicinity of each site we are closing. Additionally, contracts with testing partners will remain in place, which provides us with the ability to re-open sites if the situation warrants.”
In June 2022 Nomi Health opened several mobile testing sites across Utah.several mobile testing sites across Utah
The healthcare company also opened a test-to-travel location.
Here is the list of the new COVID-19 testing locations.
- Sandy Library, 10100 Petunia Way Sandy UT 84092 (SE Corner), Mon-Sat, 9-6 pm (testing)
- Ogden Regional Medical Center, 5475 S 500 E Ogden UT 84405 (SW Parking Lot), Mon – Sat, 9-6pm (testing)
- West Valley City – Centennial Park, 5405 W 3100 S West Valley City UT 84119 (SW Parking lot), Mon-Fri, 9-6pm, Sat 11-7pm (testing), Th-Fri 9-6pm, Sat 11-7pm (vaccine)
- Provo Towne Centre Mall, 1200 Towne Centre Blvd. Provo UT 84601 (North parking Lot), Mon-Sat, 9-6pm (testing)
- SLC1 West Parking Lot, 777 N 5600 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, 12-7pm (PCR, Antigen, Rapid PCR and Rapid Molecular Travel Testing for “Test to Travel” program) NOTE: Rapid Molecular Travel Testing provided at this location for $179. Results in 30 minutes for travel needs.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)