Provo OB-GYN accused of sexually abusing patients for over three decades
PROVO, Utah — New details have emerged about allegations against an OB-GYN in Provo. Former patients have come forward, accusing him of sexual abuse and battery.
Four women have filed a complaint against Dr. David H. Broadbent, who has run his own practice in Provo for decades.
“That’s where I decided to go just out of convenience,” one of the plaintiffs said, referred to in the complaint as Jane Doe A.S.
But at least four women claim Broadbent’s practice of abuse has continued far too long.
“I went for one very specific thing, and by the time I left, I had received a full body exam,” Jane Doe A.S. said.
She says she walked into his office seven years ago.
“Little to no warning on where he would be touching me,” she said. “Afterwards, I felt extremely violated and just very disturbed by the whole thing.”
She says she came forward after hearing Jane Doe S.P. share her experience.
“I shed many tears thinking about the what ifs,” Jane Doe S.P. told KSL. “You know, if I had trusted myself and taken action sooner, like, who could have been protected?”
She says in 2008, she went in, trusting the doctor knew what he was doing. She claims he took advantage of that trust and abused her.
“Just because I went into an OB-GYN’s office and put on a gown does not give that doctor free rein to do anything that he wants to my body,” she said. “He still has to ask for consent.”
Broadbent’s office is closed Friday, but he told KSL’s Matt Rascon over the phone he has no comment.
The complaint also names MountainStar Healthcare as a defendant.
A spokesperson told KSL that Broadbent is not employed by any MountainStar hospital, but has seen patients at one of their facilities.
MountainStar said Dr. Broadbent is not currently authorized to see patients at their facility. He is still seeing patients at his private practice in Provo. Some online reviews for his office are very positive. Others share a similar story as the one in the complaint.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)