Teen killed in Lehi auto-pedestrian crash identified
LEHI, Utah — A 15-year-old girl has died after she and another teen were struck by a car Friday afternoon in Lehi.
The girl was identified as Arely Hernandez-Cuenca.
Sgt. Drew Olson with the Lehi Police Department told KSL Saturday morning that the other teen, a male, is doing OK.
“He does have several lower extremity fractures or injuries, but it’s eventually going to be OK,” Olson said, adding that the boy also suffered some internal injuries due to the collision.
The incident happened at the intersection of 2100 North and 3600 West around 4:30 p.m.
Olson told KSL TV it appeared a grey Chrysler 300 heading eastbound ran the curb at the median crossing and struck the teenage boy and Hernandez-Cuenca, knocking them approximately 100 feet forward into a ditch.
Hernandez-Cuenca was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital, while the male teen was transported by ambulance.
Late Friday night, Olson said they received a call that Hernandez-Cuenca had died from her injuries.
A GoFundMe to support the family can be found here.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 12560)
- Live (pageviews: 6781)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6738)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 4740)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 3594)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 3326)