West Haven man arrested for multiple home burglaries
OGDEN, Utah — Authorities announced the arrest of a convicted felon connected to multiple home burglaries across Weber County after video connected him and his vehicle to crime scenes.
Weber County Sheriff’s Office posted about the arrest Friday on social media.
The agency said Robert Stuart of West Haven was arrested Tuesday in connection to residential burglaries in West Haven, Roy and other cities.
Stuart apparently forced entry into homes and stole items including a firearm. Weber County Sheriff’s Office noted Stuart cannot legally possess firearms as a convicted felon.
Video of a suspect vehicle was captured near one of the crime scenes, according to the sheriff’s office.
“Once a suspect vehicle description was available, a matching vehicle was captured on FLOCK cameras deployed in Roy City,” the said. “That footage led to the identification of Robert Stuart, and being able to connect him to the multiple forced entry residential burglaries, along with other crimes across Weber County.”
Criminal charges have been filed against Stuart.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)