Hawaii police arrest man in connection with 2019 murder of Blaire Leavitt
SALT LAKE CITY – Police in Maui arrested a suspect in connection with the 2019 murder of 27-year-old Blaire Leavitt.
Salt Lake City Police announced the arrest of 26-year-old Katoa Pahulu after he turned himself in to Maui Police Friday, March 18. They arrested him on an outstanding warrant related to Leavitt’s murder.
Pahulu was one of six people identified last month as potential suspects in Leavitt’s murder and for participating in possible obstruction in the investigation.
Around 7:40 in the morning of July 27, 201,9 Salt Lake Police responded to a call at an apartment near 1200 North Redwood Road. They found Leavitt who had been shot.
She died at a hospital.
Police have not said whether it was a random or targeted attack.
The court sealed the arrest warrant and Salt Lake Police said as a result they will not release any other information at this time.
Police are still looking asking anyone who has information related to Leavitt’s murder to call 801-799-3000.
“Blair was very loved, and still is. I implore you to do the right thing if you know anything about this case,” Blair’s mother said last month.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)