Woman rescued after getting her leg stuck in manhole
ROY, Utah—A woman was sent to the hospital with minor injuries after stepping on and falling through a manhole- trapping her leg at 6050 S., 1900 West according to police.
She had stepped on top of a manhole covering that police believe wasn’t placed or secured properly and her leg slid in, trapping her. The woman’s fall broke a 2-inch water pipe, complicating rescue efforts.
According to police, they put her in a harness all while water was spraying out of the hole, and finally, public works had to shut the water off so that the whole could be drained enough for “rescue crews to work on freeing her trapped leg.”
Fortunately, the woman was rescued successfully and was transferred to a hospital for her minor injuries.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)