One killed, another injured in head-on crash in Roy
ROY, Utah — Police say one person was killed in a head-on crash on 1900 West in Roy.
Roy Police Department public information officer Stuart Hackworth said the crash occurred near 5200 South, about one block north of Riverdale Road.
Hackworth said a vehicle was stopped in the left turn lane of 1900 West when a southbound vehicle swerved into the stopped car.
“Officers and medical personnel arriving on scene found the adult female driver of the south bound vehicle unresponsive. Life saving measures on the female were unsuccessful,” read a press release from the Roy City Police Department.
The driver of the stopped car was hospitalized with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
No cause for the crash has been given, and authorities have not released the victim’s identity. Detectives will be on scene until approximately 1 p.m. Tuesday, and drivers were urged to use alternate routes until then.
Hackworth said they expect to release more information on the crash Tuesday afternoon.
KSL 5 TV Live
- I-80 to close over weekend for elk relocation (pageviews: 93090)
- Why Zion's popular Narrows hike could be closed for months (pageviews: 18277)
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 16676)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 11859)
- Trial for Gwyneth Paltrow over ski collision begins on Tuesday (pageviews: 10416)
- One flown, two others transported to hospital after head-on collision (pageviews: 10018)
- 2 hikers found dead in Kane County slot canyon identified (pageviews: 6721)