IRS to hire more than 1,000 for Ogden Processing Center
SALT LAKE CITY – The Internal Revenue Service is holding three job fairs this week because it needs to hire 1,000 people quickly at the Ogden processing center.
The agency is using a special process that allows federal agencies to move quickly when there is a critical need for hiring.
That process means many people will be hired on the spot and could start working within 45 days.
The IRS recommended people preregister before going to the hiring fairs at Workforce Services, 1290 E 1450 S., Clearfield, UT 84015.
A virtual hiring event is also scheduled for Wednesday, March 30 from 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. You can preregister here.
Most positions are entry-level and prior experience with taxes is not needed. Pay begins at $15.61 an hour and goes up from there. In addition, the IRS said applicants could qualify for a hiring recruitment incentive and current employees could get a referral bonus.
Are you looking for a federal job in Ogden? Bring your resumé to one of the job fairs #IRS is holding on March 31 and April 1. No prior tax experience is required. For complete details visit https://t.co/LH70DbJhzQ #IRSjobs pic.twitter.com/5YfjwtGlaW
— IRS Recruitment #IRSjobs (@RecruitmentIRS) March 29, 2022
The IRS reminded applicants to bring a resume and two types of id which include a state driver’s license and/or state identification card, birth certificate, U.S. Passport, Military ID card, or Social Security card.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)