Two dead after tour bus T-bones SUV in Washington County
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A family of four was hit by a tour bus Sunday afternoon, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
State troopers said the family’s SUV, for unknown reasons, pulled in front of a tour bus at the intersection of state Route 9 and Kolob Terrace Road around 4:45 p.m.
The tour bus tried to avoid the SUV but T-boned the SUV.
According to UHP, the male driver and adult female passenger were pronounced dead on the scene.
One girl was ejected from the SUV and transported by ambulance while a boy who was in the SUV was transported by air ambulance. An update on their condition was not immediately available.
The occupants of the tour bus only had minor injuries, and the tour bus driver, tour guide and the passengers were cooperating with the investigation.
UHP believes the family is from out of state and was on vacation at the time of the crash.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)