Work nearly done on new I-15 bridges in Cedar City
CEDAR CITY, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation is nearing completion on a year-long project to rebuild two bridges on I-15 in Cedar City.
Crews have been demolishing and rebuilding the bridges over East Nichols Canyon Road since July 2021.
Traffic was detoured on East Nichols Canyon Road and it is expected to remain in place until August UDOT said
Crews have already built a new center bridge, a northbound bridge, and a new supporting structure for the southbound bridge.
The final stage includes closing southbound I-15 on July 13 so crews can connect the center bridge deck and slide it into place as the new southbound bridge deck.
Southbound traffic will start flowing on the new bridge on the morning of July 14.
UDOT urged drivers to stay alert in that area while traffic crews finished construction.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 23876)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 19018)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6272)
- Layton family cherishes every moment after 7-year-old daughter is given months to live (pageviews: 4249)
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways (pageviews: 4145)
- Four more arrests made in death of 16-year-old near Lindon trailhead (pageviews: 3964)