Possible target shooting investigated on USU Grand County Campus
GRAND COUNTY, Utah — Grand County Deputies are investigated a report of active shooting and discovered it was target practice on Aggie Blvd at the Utah State University Campus in Grand County.
Grand County dispatch received the report of shooting at 8:16 p.m. Tuesday and officers responded. The surrounding area was searched and cleared.
According to a Facebook post from the Grand County Sheriff’s Office, deputies located an area approximately 200 yards north west of campus where it “appears an area has been set up for shooting.”
Old and new shell casings were found in the area.
The post states, “There was a description of a Ford F-250 that could have been leaving the area, Officers were unable to locate this vehicle. At this time we believe the gun shots were coming from this target area. No one was injured.”
Anyone with information about who may have been shooting in this area should contact Moab City Police 435-259-8938 or Grand County Sheriff Office 435-259-8115.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)