Multi-vehicle crash after dump truck spills gravel across SR 201
MAGNA, Utah — No one was injured in a multi-vehicle crash after a dump truck filled with gravel collided with another car, spilling gravel across the road on state Route 201.
According to Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol, the dump truck was traveling eastbound on S.R. 201 near 7200 West when it attempted to cut off another vehicle, which led to a crash around 1:45 p.m.
At that point the dump truck overturned, spilling gravel across the highway and damaging another car.
The driver of the dump truck was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Fortunately, no one was severely injured or had to be transported to medical centers.
UHP closed off the highway from 8000 West to 7200 West but reopened all lanes Thursday night.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)