Pleasant Grove residents told to be cautious after dog attacked by mountain lion
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Police are urging residents to be cautious and aware of their surroundings after a dog was attacked by a mountain lion in Cedar Hills.
Police said the dog is believed to have been attacked in a yard and not in the foothills, as previously reported.
Officers with @UtahDWR are looking for a mountain lion in Cedar Hills. Last night, that cat attacked a dog. The dog will be okay, but the mountain lion is still out there somewhere. Officers are asking people here to be alert. @KSL5TV tonight at 5 and 6:30. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/kIGPHKRdcf
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) July 20, 2022
“Please be cautious while using the Murdock Canal. If you live in the northern end of Pleasant Grove,” read a Wednesday morning Pleasant Grove Police Department Facebook post. “Please be aware of your surroundings and know where small children are at all times. Please consider bringing pets indoors.”
On Tuesday, police said officers with the American Fork Police Department, who serve Cedar Hills were the first to be notified about the injured dog, were searching for the mountain lion with help from PGPD officers. Officials with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources also responded to the scene.
This article will be updated as additional information becomes available.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 129954)
- Police: Hoax targets several Utah schools with fake shooting threats (pageviews: 34070)
- Crews recover body of missing snowmobiler who was buried in Utah County avalanche (pageviews: 10035)
- Nashville police release bodycam footage of police shooting school attacker (pageviews: 9873)
- 3 victims in Box Elder County crash identified (pageviews: 9578)
- Arrest made in Logan Canyon crash that killed 3, injured 2 (pageviews: 8348)