Utah’s Hogle Zoo building native animal exhibit
SALT LAKE CITY — Cougars, badgers, bobcats, and bighorn sheep will be featured at the Hogle Zoo’s new Utah Native Species expansion exhibit.
The wildlife will be part of the $22 million project to expand the zoo’s east side.
It’s scheduled to open in 2023 with a nature trail and the Norma W. Matheson Education Animal Center. The animal education center has visited with second graders across Utah to promote conservation programs.
Governor Cox and other state and local officials will attend a ceremonial groundbreaking Wednesday.
The baseball field-sized exhibit will also include a new boardwalk around Emigration Creek and an improved Zoofari Express, the train ride that has been a part of the Zoo for more than 50 years.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)