Plane crashes into Lake Powell killing 2 and injuring 5
KANE COUNTY, Utah — Kane County Sheriff’s Office released information on a plane crash that killed two people and injured five others.
According to a release from the Kane County Sheriff’s Office, they were notified of a plane crashing into Lake Powell near Face Canyon around 5:20 p.m. from witnesses.
The plane was a tour plane out of Page, AZ, and was carrying the pilot along with six French national tourists.
The pilot reported an engine issue shortly before the plane went down.
The release states, “pilot and witnesses were able to get four passengers out and into boats.”
Three were transported with serious injuries to St. George Regional Hospital via Classic Aviation helicopters while two were transported by boat to Antelope Marina and then to Page Hospital.
Two people died submerged in the plane, which was located in 120 feet of water by NPS.
The Utah Division of Outdoor Rec used an underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle to take pictures of the plane and establish a line for the drivers from Utah DPS to recover the bodies.
The Kane County Sheriff’s Office will be responsible for the retrieval of the bodies and the death investigation while the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the plane crash.
The case is “still under investigation and it will be some time before it’s resolved.”
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)