Inmate dies at Purgatory Correctional Facility
The Purgatory Correctional Facility released a statement after an inmate was found unresponsive and died.
On Thursday at approximately 5:30 p.m. Correctional Deputies responded to an inmate who was “unresponsive in her cell.”
The inmate was identified as 39-year-old Paige Godwin. Deputies and medical staff performed life saving measures while police and paramedics were dispatched to the jail to assist.
After 30 minutes of continued resuscitation efforts, the female was pronounced dead.
The release states, “According to County Protocol regarding in-custody deaths, the Washington County Critical Incident Task Force and the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner were notified. Investigators
from both agencies responded to the incident. Based of the initial investigation, it appears that
this may be a result of an unknown medical issue. However, the investigation is still on-going
and further details are pending the results from the Medical Examiner.”
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)