One injured in shooting at large SLC party, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a shooting that left a 32-year-old man injured after a large Salt Lake City party.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said they received multiple calls about gunshots being heard near 1700 South and 4100 West, a part of the city’s industrial neighborhood.
Officers said they found bullet casings in the parking lot of a business and evidence of a large party, but it was hard to gather witness statements and evidence as partygoers started leaving the area.
Police did not find any gunshot victims but later learned the victim was taken to an area hospital by car.
He suffered a gunshot wound to the leg and is expected to survive, according to police.
During their investigation, officers identified two suspects they say were involved in the shooting.
The first suspect was described as a 20- to 30-year-old Black man who last seen wearing a red Versace shirt, red hat and blue pants.
The second suspect was described as a 35- to 40-year-old Hispanic man, approximately 5-foot-10 with arm and face tattoos. He was last seen wearing a blue Yankees hat.
Officers believe the two suspects left the area in an unknown SUV. Police say they are investigating this shooting as being gang-related.
Anyone who may have information about this incident should call 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 22-171308.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)