Man arrested after threatening St. George school resource officer
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A man was arrested Tuesday after police say he made threats to a school resource officer with the St. George Police Department.
St. George police said those threats included a photo of the officer in uniform and the school — Tonaquint Intermediate. Police said through a coordinated effort, suspect Jason Little was found and arrested Tuesday without incident.
“The officer, Tonaquint Intermediate staff, and Washington County School District have been made aware of the threats,” a Tuesday afternoon Facebook post from SGPD stated.
“We take these threats seriously and will continue to work closely with our partners at the WCSD to ensure the safety of our students, staff and school resource officers,” the post stated.
They also reminded the public that if they see or hear a threat to report it to law enforcement immediately.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)