Ridgeline High School students facing criminal charges after alleged hazing
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — Three teens may face charges of forcible sexual abuse following an incident on a Cache County School District school bus while returning from an out-of-county sports event on Aug. 19.
“Allegations had been made that at least one student had been assaulted in a ‘hazing’ type incident while on the bus,” stated a Wednesday afternoon press release from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.
Cache County deputies said during their investigation, investigators determined that there were, in fact, multiple juvenile victims in this case.
“The investigation determined that there had been three juvenile suspects who had allegedly engaged in, or attempted to engage in, activity of a forcible sexual nature with several juvenile victims,” the release stated.
Investigators have requested that three of the juvenile suspects be charged with one count each of forcible sexual abuse and one count each of attempted forcible sexual abuse. Deputies said all those involved are juveniles, adding that any charges will be filed through the juvenile court system.
The incident is under review by the Cache County Attorney’s Office.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)