Police: Man arrested after firing handgun near 3 juveniles during fight
SALT LAKE CITY — A 21-year-old man was arrested overnight in Salt Lake City after police say he allegedly fired several shots into the air during a fight with three juveniles.
It all started at 1:33 a.m. Thursday after SLC911 received multiple reports of shots being fired near 1740 W. Gertie Avenue.
“At least one 9-1-1 caller told dispatchers the suspect had a handgun and pointed it at two others,” read a Thursday morning press release from the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Several officers quickly responded to the area and safely arrested 21-year-old Siupapa Muliaga.
Police said two other juveniles were also stopped for questioning.
“The preliminary investigation shows Muliaga approached three juveniles – whose ages are unknown – and got into a fight with them. During the argument, Muliaga fired several rounds from a handgun. One of the three juveniles ran away before police arrived,” the release stated.
Overnight, we arrested a 21-year-old man for shooting a gun into the air during a fight with juveniles. For more information, please read our press release:https://t.co/T30nSliSjI#SaltLakeCity #SLC #SLCPD pic.twitter.com/51pWRWhByb
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) September 22, 2022
It’s further alleged, according to the release, that Muliaga punched two of the juveniles before police arrived.
Police said the involved juveniles were released after officers drove them to their homes.
“During their investigation, officers found the handgun allegedly used by Muliaga,” the release stated.
Muliaga has been booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail for investigation of felony discharge of a firearm and misdemeanor discharge of a firearm.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)