Fatal car vs. semi-trailer crash near Strawberry Reservoir
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — A woman is dead after her car was T-boned by a semi-trailer Monday evening.
According to Utah Highway Patrol Cameron Roden, the car was turning from Strawberry Marina Road to get on Highway 40 West when it was T-boned by the semi-trailer at approximately 5 p.m.
The woman driver died on the scene, and her male passenger was air ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition. The semi-trailer driver was uninjured.
Roden said both directions of travel are closed for two to three hours and asks travelers to use an alternate route.
This is the third fatal crash on Monday, with one involving a school bus in Saratoga Springs and a semi-trailer crash in Spanish Fork.
A serious crash on US-40 near Strawberry Reservoir has both directions closed at milepost 40. Crews estimate a 2 to 3 hour closure. Use alternate routes to avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/InUjHOR9MG
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) September 26, 2022
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)