Teen on e-bike dies after being hit by truck in Hurricane
HURRICANE, Utah — A 15-year-old boy has died following a Thursday evening crash in Washington County.
The Hurricane Police Department said officers were dispatched to the intersection of 400 West and 400 South just after 7:30 p.m.
A green 2021 Dodge Ram 2500 pickup truck was driving east on 400 South when it collided with the teen, who was riding an e-bike north on 400 West.
Police said the boy and the bike were caught under the truck. A registered nurse was on scene when officers arrived and life-saving efforts were immediately started.
However, the boy was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
Police did not release the victim’s name but said he is from LaVerkin. The truck was being driven by a 56-year-old man from Santa Clara.
Officers said their investigation is ongoing but did not say if they were considering filing any charges.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15103)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5870)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4804)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4665)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 3558)