Fall leaves in full glory in mountains above Bountiful, Davis County
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — The road above Bountiful can be bumpy, but here, the journey was definitely about the destination.
Fall colors were rich and deep along the slopes above the city, and those recreating outdoors Friday couldn’t help but take note.
“I feel like I wait all year just to take this in,” said Julia Prata, who came up to the area to paraglide. “It’s almost like watercolor on the mountains!”
“It’s almost like watercolor on the mountains!” People can’t help but note the beauty as the leaves make their fall transformation. We’ll take you on a tour above Bountiful @KSL5TV at 10p #KSLTV #Utah pic.twitter.com/zWDYHKplg8
— Andrew Adams (@AndrewAdamsKSL) October 1, 2022
Prata said there were few views like it, especially around sunset.
“There’s just like this Alpine glow with like a red hue that I think is amplified by the leaves changing,” Prata said. “I think this is just such a reward for all of us.”
Jordan Kattelman was up with a group and said the crisp air was nice after a long, hot summer.
“(It’s) really kind of a nice escape,” Kattelman said.
Bountiful Peak Drive is among several routes recommended for those seeking splashes of fall color.
Prata said she certainly found the scenery remarkable.
“Every single fall is just absolutely stunning and the access that we have to that sort of beauty is just unparalleled,” she said.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)