Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A shocking discovery inside a West Jordan home is leaving neighbors devastated Monday.
The investigation began just before 2:30 p.m. Monday when officers were called to conduct a welfare check at a home in the 4700 West block of Colander Drive (8750 South). West Jordan police Officer Winkler said he does not know who requested the welfare check but said it was made because the two men had not been seen for several days.
“They hadn’t heard from the residents for some time, so when officers arrived there, they found two people inside the house that had passed away from gunshot wounds,” said Officer Sam Winkler with West Jordan police.
Police say the two deceased are a 73-year-old father and his 44-year-old son.
West Jordan police tell KSL this appears to be a murder-suicide, shocking long-time neighbors who knew the father and son and say they’ve never seen signs of trouble.
“Just knowing the people, just yeah, super heart-wrenching. Really,” said Kori Finch, a neighbor to the deceased.
Finch said she last saw her neighbors on September 23, and at the time, everything seemed okay. Neighbors said the father and son were kind, quiet neighbors – who were well liked by all.
“Great people, just great people, stayed to themselves, but super friendly and kind every time they were out, ” Finch said.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)