Man killed in 3-vehicle collision in Davis County
LAYTON, Utah — An unidentified 75-year-old man was killed in a three-car accident Thursday afternoon.
Layton police have not identified the man who was ejected from his truck in the collision. Sgt. Michael Donnelly with Layton Police Department said the man was pulling onto State route 193 in Davis County from North Quail Ridge Road when his pickup was hit on the driver’s side by an SUV.
A third vehicle was struck by the truck after the initial collision. Donnelly said the intersection isn’t a busy one but S.R. 193 is busy, especially at the time of the crash at approximately 4:49 p.m., east of Hill Air Force Base.
There were many witnesses at the scene, including two medical professionals and civilians who stopped to assist. One person began to administer CPR but the man was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
A 50-year-old woman who was driving the SUV was taken to a hospital for medical care with injuries that were not considered life threatening. Donnelly said it was expected her medical outcome would be positive. She was also said to be cooperative during the investigation of the crash.
All eastbound traffic was shut down on 193 for several hours.
Layton PD, Davis County’s incident management and a Layton Fire Department all assisted in the aftermath.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)