Motorcyclist dies from his injuries after crashing into car on SR-9
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A man has died after striking the back of a car while riding his motorcycle in Washington County.
The crash happened near mile post 6 on state route 9 at approximately 9:23 p.m. Saturday.
According to a press release from the Utah Department of Public Safety, the motorcycle was reportedly traveling eastbound on S.R. 9 “at excessive speeds and cutting in and out of traffic” when it crashed into the back of a black Nissan Versa.
After impact, the rider was thrown from the motorcycle. He then slid into westbound lanes of traffic, along with the bike.
“The motorcycle came to rest on the westbound shoulder and became fully engulfed by fire,” the release stated.
DPS said the rider was transported to a nearby hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
Excessive speed and reckless driving are being investigated as contributors to the crash, according to the release.
UHP identified the killed motorcyclist as 50-year-old Troy D Matthews from Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)