1 dead, 1 hospitalized in two-vehicle crash in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — An 18-year-old man died and another driver was hospitalized with serious injuries after a two-vehicle crash in Bountiful on Friday.
About 9:15 p.m., a Woods Cross police officer observed a red car driving around 100 mph with no headlights on, according to a statement posted on Woods Cross Police Department’s Facebook page.
The vehicle hit a curb and lost a back tire, causing the driver to lose control. Woods Cross police said the red car veered into northbound lanes on 500 West and 620 South, striking another car.
The driver of the red car, an 18-year-old man, was transported to the hospital where he later died, according to the police statement. The driver of the vehicle was transported to the hospital with serious injuries but is considered to be in stable condition.
The identities of those involved were not released Saturday.
Woods Cross police said Bountiful police are investigating the crash.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)