SWAT responds to domestic incident in West Jordan, one in custody
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A man is in police custody after a domestic incident with a weapon, police say.
According to West Jordan Police spokeswoman Alondra Caeala, police received a call of a domestic incident near New Bingham Highway and 5600 West in the afternoon.
As police responded, they received information that a weapon had been introduced in the incident, and WJPD called a SWAT team for assistance.
Caeala told KSL when WJPD arrived, they made contact with the male suspect, but he refused to cooperate with police. They began to surround the building and asked residents to avoid the area.
When SWAT arrived on the scene, the suspect corporated with police, exited the home, and was placed in custody without further issue.
Caeala said the victim had minor injuries that were not life-threatening.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)