Two people found dead in Clearfield home
CLEARFIELD, Utah — Police responded to a home Wednesday afternoon in Clearfield where two adults were found dead.
Chief Kelly Bennett with the Clearfield Police Department said one person is in custody.
The scene is near 750 North 1050 West.
KSL has confirmed the victims and the person in custody are related.
Another family member discovered the two bodies and called police just after 3 p.m., according to Bennett.
“I don’t know exactly the circumstances but there was phone contact made with another male who we are assuming is the suspect in this case inside of the home,” Bennett said.
When police arrived, one man walked out of the house.
“He exited the home and surrendered to our officers without any incident or injury,” Bennett added.
He said officers entered the home to make sure there were no other victims.
Police were expected to remain at the scene for several hours.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)