Utah’s first Kum & Go convenience store opens Monday
DRAPER, Utah — A new convenience store and gas station is expanding, opening its first location in Utah on Monday, Dec. 19.
It began in Iowa, and now Kum & Go will land in the Beehive State — the first new state that the family-owned convenience chain is entering in over 10 years. The chain will also open stores in South Jordan, Murray and Herriman in early 2023, with plans to open more than 30 stores in Utah over the next five years.
The community is invited to a grand opening Monday from 10 a.m. to noon, offering giveaways, merchandise and samples, with the official ribbon cutting at 10:30 a.m.
Customers can add unique toppings to made-to-order foods at Kum & Go, such as Corn Nuts and Takis, to match the gas station sensation.
— Kum & Go (@kumandgo) November 24, 2022
Kum & Go claims that they have been dedicated to sharing 10% of its profits with the communities it serves for over 60 years.
The company has already contributed to the Salt Lake community. They are currently partnered with the Field of Dreams Salt Lake Valley Habitat for Humanity, which is building 20 eco-friendly and affordable homes in Kearns, sustainable for the residents and the environment.
Built with our SIPs, the energy consumption is estimated at $1.50 a day. 100% LED lighting, radiant heat, and takes advantage of solar gain. The Salt Lake Valley Habitat for Humanity build will save about $80 a month on utility bills and principle-only home payment $650-$700. pic.twitter.com/EMNteFxwJu
— BigSkyRControl (@BigSkySIPs) September 1, 2021
These homes cost just $1.50/day for utilities, including heat and air conditioning. The Kum & Go sponsored home is to be completed this spring, according to a press release.
In a press release, Kum & Go boasts their mission to “Make Days Better” with fresh and healthy foods in an upscale convenience store setting.
“The energy in a city like Salt Lake is hard to beat,” CEO Tanner Krause said.
The new location in Utah is at 13639 S. 200 West in Draper. As of Monday, Kum & Go will be available in 12 states, soon to be 13 with another location in Boise, Idaho, opening in 2023.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)