Apartment fire in Murray leaves two families displaced on Christmas Day
MURRAY, Utah — A small apartment complex in Murray caught fire Sunday, forcing two families out of their home for the holiday.
Crews responded to Sultan Circle at 1:25 p.m. when a caller reported smelling smoke growing stronger coming from the two condos above them.
Those residents said they called 911 and grabbed their pets and evacuated.
The fire caused significant damage through a shared wall between the two upper level units.
By the time crews arrived, Murray Fire Battalion Chief Stephen Olson said there was still one cat in the building that was not accounted for — and they immediately went to work searching for it.
The cat, as well as all other pets and occupants in the building, were not harmed in the fire.
“Even under ideal circumstances, this is not something you want to do on a holiday,” Olson said. “Although they are healthy and well and uninjured from the fire, it’s still a hard thing to endure.”
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)