Man arrested for DUI after pinning man with car on I-15
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah — A suspected DUI driver is in police custody after hitting a stalled car on Interstate 15 Saturday evening.
Utah Highway Patrol Tropper Mike Alexander told KSL that a disabled vehicle was being worked on by the shoulder of I-15 near the southbound ramp from Beck Street at approximately 8 p.m.
A second vehicle stopped to help the stalled car, and while one of the occupants was outside their car, a third vehicle struck the stalled car.
“One of the persons working on the original vehicle was pinned between the first two vehicles and is in serious condition,” Alexander said.
According to the affidavit, the third vehicle attempted to flee from the scene but struck another vehicle, disabling their car and preventing them from leaving.
The third driver was identified as 34-year-old Darren Dean Anderson.
According to the affidavit, Anderson has two warrants for his arrest and is an alcohol-restricted driver with a denied license. His first warrant was for operating a vehicle with a suspended license, and the second was for driving under the influence.
When officers arrived, they noticed Anderson’s eyes were bloodshot and glossy, and he couldn’t stand up straight without the help of a trooper.
According to the affidavit, Anderson was booked into the Davis County Jail for failing to operate within a single lane, driving under the influence, failing to remain at an accident involving injury, negligently operating a vehicle resulting in serious bodily injury, and driving on a denied license.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)