Hill Air Force Base building evacuated due to ‘unusual smell’
Feb 2, 2023, 2:38 PM | Updated: 2:41 pm
(Photojournalist Meghan Thackrey)
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — A building at Hill Air Force Base was evacuated Thursday morning after an “unusual smell” was detected.
According to an official statement from the base, the smell was detected at approximately 9:40 a.m.
The building was then evacuated.
After the evacuation, an “undetermined” number of people voluntarily went to area hospitals for a precautionary check-up.
“The base is unaware on any serious illnesses,” read the statement.
As of 2 p.m., the building is still evacuated while crews work to determine the cause of the smell.
The building where this incident occurred was not identified.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)