Driver killed in weather-related crash on I-15
Feb 23, 2023, 4:59 PM
MURRAY, Utah — One person was killed in a weather-related crash on I-15 on Wednesday.
At approximately 5:15 p.m, a Subaru Legacy was getting on the freeway at 5300 South when the driver “started to lose control in the snowy road conditions,” according to a statement from the Utah Highway Patrol.
“The car was fishtailing and swerved into lane two in front of a tow truck hauling a vehicle. The front of the tow truck struck the driver’s side doors of the Subaru,” troopers said.
The 29-year-old Subaru driver died while en route to the hospital. His name has not yet been released. The driver of the tow truck was not injured.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)